Hey Treendy, TRGM2 looks really cool and I like the features that are going to be in it. I had a couple of questions about TRGM2 so I figured your forums were the best place to ask?
1. How many players will TRGM2 support and will the number of AI adjust to the number of players on the server? 2. If you can use mods such as RHS, CUP, 3CB, Project OPFOR, etc. will you include instructions on where to change the class names so that those units, weapons, vehicles and equipment will be used by the AI and players? 3. Will other mods such as ACE, ACRE2, TFAR, etc. be compatible with TRGM2? 4. Will you include instructions on how to port your mission over to other maps/terrains?
Hey Kman, thanks for posting and pleased you like the look of it so far
1. the small missions are playable with 1 to 8 players, But you can play with a bigger team, with a goal of not losing any players (I have played the small missions with about 12 players and was still fun... we actually lost most of the team lol) The main missions can also be played with 5 players but will involve very clever planning... but this can work with up to 20+ players too Ai doesnt get harder based on players, but it means more mistakes can happen while keeping an eye on your reputation
2. Yes, i would provide instructions, unless its really easy, then i will just mention where to select them
3. We play with Ace and TFAR (infact, if you have ace active, then the medical/mechanics buildings and vehicles are classed as these types with ace, and extra ace equipemnet is in the crate. (ACRE2 will work fine too)
4. No, anyone can try as long as they dont post the mission as their own work, however, i spend a lot of time one each map to make the initial load out fit the setting Ill be adding a new map every 1 or 2 weeks (roughly)
We just played the Malden one tonight - fun mission, lots of respawns with only four of us.
By the end of the mission, though, we had multiple wheel-menu options and ACE self-interaction menu options to call for the transport chopper. Doesn't affect the gameplay at all, just makes the menus pretty long.
Wonderful touch with the grave markers back at HQ.
and because that's my first post on this forum - Big Thanks for the Author (Treendy) for TRGM's missions !!
Together with my Team [PGM] ( http//pgm.armaonline.pl/forum ) we played a few TRGM2 missions on our OPEN Server (that's the server for free coop weekend playing, not the Clan Strict Milsim Server ) . We find them (TRGM2 missions) very very usefull and nice developed - esp for small scale continuos operations. Moreover, as we played more an more I decided to go a bit deeper and made a bunch of small modifications in the originall TRGM2 mission file. They were mostly connected with merging the TRGM mission with our own [PGM] logistic system (i.e. cargo&equipment caches mechanizm ready for manned fill&deliver/drop, some fuel modifications (with refiller station for canisters and small tanks) and so on. All with my own script-work and based on the ACE3 framework or Arma3 scripting language . Next we decided to add a few drones - for special recon /not CAS/ purpose... which can meet our team recon capabilities and training tactics..
At the end some small modifications in the bases. Putting it all together - I called the modification as a "TRGM2(a) version" and prepare a info-stand billboards specially for presenting new people who came on our server the clou of our modification in the Great TRGM2 engine .
If You were interested in - I may send you a final pbo or leave it here - when this version will be ready for normal use (now it's still uder some development in case of some Zeus-like testins and improvements) OF course if it is a good (perhaps not) idea. We don't plan to publish it in our workshop - we only prepare our custom version for our needs , but if somebody will be interested in putting it in development again - there is no problem to post info on this forum ..
Best regards and at the end - best thanks again - to Treendy - for making such a good & nice engine